In the late nineteenth century, Drumchapel was part of the parish of New Kilpatrick.With the increase of mining in the area, the minister of New Kilpatrick assigned an assistant to administer Drumchapel. Services were held at No. 30 The Row and at the old school house in Blairdardie.
With a rising population, minister Dr. King was persuaded by his assistant Rev. Archibald Hunter that both places were unsuitable for worship and that a proper church be built. The old church on Drumchapel Road was built in 1901 at a cost of £1300.
In 1910, the communion roll numbered 101 and, despite the advent of the First World War, numbers continued to increase. Drumchapel became a parish quoad sacra in 1923. The then Rev., John Black noted that the union of churches in 1929 as the Church of Scotland affected Drumchapel very little; previous members of the United Free Church were already in its number. Electricity was introduced to the church in 1931.
Numbers again swelled with the population increase of Knightswood, and a new church was built near the railway station on Garscadden Road in 1939.
The old church is currently in use as a bakery, having been previously a store for the electrical retailer Radio Rentals then for the Furniture Aid charity.