Garscadden House probably dates from at least 1723 - a stone of the rear wall bears this date. This baronial home superceded the old Peel of Garscadden and was redesigned for William Colquhoun, who was the laird at the time.
It was completed around 1740, along with various other landscaping improvements. It was known by the locals as 'the white house'.
The elaborate Girnin' gates to the south were added about 50 years later, in 1789.
It was of such a grand design that the mansion was included in Cant and Lindsay's 1947 Old Glasgow - which also contains an entry for Drumry Peel - despite its Glasgow history at that time being less than ten years old; as formerly Drumchapel was part of Dunbartonshire. They suggest construction was begun by an earlier laird, writing "Garscadden House is of H-Plan. The central portion is thought to have been built by Archibald Colquhoun, a Glasgow lawyer who purchased the estate in 1664. The wings were added about the middle of the eighteenth century, the porch in 1778, and the elaborate entrance gateway in 1789. In its combination of harled walls and steep pitched roofs with a symmetrical plan and classical detail, the house is a most interesting example of the phase when the older Scottish domestic architecture was giving place to the more formal style which reached its full development in the eighteenth century."
Unfortunately, it was destroyed by fire on the 21st April 1959. The site of the house is given as NS 522 710.